The composition of the Judicial Organ ;
- Three members each from a different religious affiliate recognized by the organization
- One member appointed from CRs board representing the board
- One member appointed form each faculty/institute within the university
The Dean of students (or representative) and the Legal officer (or representative) are ex-officio members of the Organ for advising the Organ members throughout their proceedings, but they have no vote in decision-making.
The judicial organ have power to:
- Subject to consultation with the Legal Officer of the Sokoine University of Agriculture; the judicial organ is hereby vested with exclusive power pertaining to the binding interpretation of SUASO constitution and its interpretation shall be final and conclusive as between SUASO government and its members.
- Interpret Laws and rules of the Organization, which shall be final and conclusive within the Organization
- Act as disciplinary authority to the Organizations office bearers save only for the President, the Vice President and the Speaker of the USRC, on malpractices, corruption and any other misconduct and its decision shall be final and conclusive within the Organization,
- Act as the arbiter in disputes among the students with a view to promoting harmony and tranquility
- Assume powers of the Cabinet where in any circumstances the Cabinet does not exist. The powers held here forth can be held and handed over to the new President for not more than 21 days
- Revise and receive, hear and determine any appeal brought to it by any aggrieved member on the decision made by electoral committee or any organ of the organization
- Invite the President, the Vice President, Speaker and any other office bearer as the circumstances may require to attend organ meetings and give clarifications, evidence or opinions on any matter that need their attendance. However, no invitee shall have powers of making decision in the meeting.
Upon receiving the allegation and complains, misconduct and bad behavior of any member, The Organ have power to ;
- Summon the member against whom the complains and allegations are made;
- Counsel, advice and warn the alleged member with regards to such misconduct or bad behavior;
- The alleged member as in sub article (2) (b) above, having been warned more than twice of misconduct or bad behavior shall be regarded as hardcore and the Organ shall necessary any responsibility upon any further steps taken by the University administration on the same complains and allegations.